Thursday, April 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday from Journal



 


Throwback Thursday, November 12, 2006


Out of the Box


I was looking forward to ordering a pizza for dinner.  All day I had planned to eat very little so I could enjoy it without feeling guilty.  Finally it was 7 PM and I called in my order.


While waiting for the delivery, I sat down at the keyboard and began working on music, thrilled that I felt a brand new song taking form in my mind.  I became totally absorbed in cord progressions and words filling in their appropriate places.  Suddenly the doorbell rang and I wondered who might be visiting me when I already knew where most of my friends and family members were on Sunday night.  Reluctantly I left the keyboard and went to the door.  Evidently I looked a bit frightened and surprised as the delivery man said questioningly:  “Did you order pizza?”


Once I wrote a poem about how I can turn down almost any food in the world but pizza.  Now, here I stood, red faced and shocked at the fact I had totally forgotten my order.  So as not to let my embarrassment show to the delivery person I turned around and yelled over my shoulder to the empty house:  “Anybody here order pizza?”  At that point I went to get my purse and paid for my dinner. Oh my goodness!  It Isn't like me to forget pizza!  What is going on in my silly head!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment